Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cinnamon Biscuits

I came downstairs for my bowl of granola this morning, preparing for my (indoor) bike ride. (it's cold, windy and rainy today. nuf said)

Turning the corner into the kitchen I heard the familiar sounds of Saturday morning TV. Danger looked at me in her sweetest, "Aren't you happy to see me?" face and said, "Since we're all up and cheerful, will you make us breakfast?"

How can a mother say no to that. But, I had fitness plans that I knew if delayed would end up replaced. So, an hour or so later I returned for their order. The unanimous choice was Cinnamon Biscuits.
In order for you to also be a Super Mom and be prepared for next Saturday. Here's the shopping list:

Pillsbury canned biscuits
Butter or Margarine
Sugar
Cinnamon

Place 1/2 to 1 cube (depending on how gooey you like it) butter in 9x13 pan and place in oven. Turn oven on and set at 350. The butter will melt while the oven preheats and while you prepare the biscuits.

Open the biscuits and carefully tear each in half. I don't mean for you to take a full moon and make two halves. I mean for you to tear it down the center so you now have two full moons that are just a little skinnier. Today I didn't have any Pillsbury in the fridge so I quickly whipped up a batch of Easy Dinner Rolls and made them about half size.

When the butter is melted, remove pan from oven and sprinkle in enough sugar to soak up the butter. Then sprinkle with cinnamon. These amounts are undefined. In other words, I have no idea how much to add. Enough to make a nice goo that tastes yummy. Then add a teaspoon or two of water and stir around the bottom of your pan.

Lay one biscuit at a time into the goo and flip over so both sides are good and gooey then line up in rows in the pan. Bake according to directions on biscuit package - about 10-15 minutes.

Serve with milk.Return to bike and ride for another hour.

6 comments:

Dawn said...

I want some!! You are a great mom!! You are probably related to you grandmothers! I was going to reply to your other one and opened it up and here was this yummy stuff! Sometimes on Sunday afternoon, we'll thaw frozen rolls (can do a few at a time in micro), dip in butter, then cinnamon/sugar, let raise in bundt pan - I like to put some nuts and raisins in and among - [monkey bread] yummy!!~

Lisa said...

I love how easy these are. What a great idea for a quick and really delicious breakfast. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your yummy biscuits up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/02/sweets-for-saturday-4.html

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

mmmmmmmm That sounds so good!

Twisted Fencepost said...

I love me some cinnamon and sugar. Never thought about using it with the biscuits.
Definitely gotta try this!!

Lisa said...

Thanks for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday. My very special giveaway is now open, so don't forget to come by for a chance to enter.

riz@l joe said...

ahemz............... a good food