Thursday, September 17, 2009

Early Morning Beauty

Many of you have expressed your dislike of early morning. I'm right there with you. The favorite place in our house for every member of the family is my bed. It's big. It's fluffy. It's like wrapping up in a big cozy cloud of Downy freshness. Ask any of them.

And they only get to go there for short visits, a nap in the late afternoon or a bad dream. I get to stay there all night long and it's the last place I want to leave early in the morning.
I think Jack Johnson said it best in his song Banana Pancakes:

When the whole world fits inside of your arms
Do we really need to pay attention to the alarm
Wake up slow....

But then with a little pushing. A little prodding and a great big shove...

This is the kind of reward I get when I go outside.

So worth it. Go ahead, give it a try and let me know how it feels... and looks.

5 comments:

mike J said...

I've seen that thing that you call morning and I think it's over rated.

Tipper said...

yes-that would be worth getting up for!

Joy For Your Journey said...

I love mornings!! What a great picture.

Okay, I am glad I am not trying to keep up with your blog backgrounds each time you change them. My goodness!!They are all cute though.

Xazmin said...

I actually do LOVE the early early morning, as far as a time of day. I just cannot get up.

Of course, I have seen this time of day on more than one occasion when I have just stayed up all night!

Strangely, this is easier for me to do than actually waking up early!

Twisted Fencepost said...

I am usually up before sunrise. But am usually on the computer catching up on things.
Maybe tomorrow, I'll remember to go out and checkout the sunrise.
Thanks for reminding me!